Why Are Beauty Routines Important And Few Easy Steps To Follow
Your skin is one of the largest organs your body has, and it works hard every day to protect our bodies from harmful elements. While talking about ‘healthy’ skin, we often fail to notice or recognize the efforts of the ‘person’, who, through a disciplined ‘skincare routine, has succeeded in achieving healthy and beautiful skin. Taking care of your skin and developing a skin care routine is important, because it can help this organ do its job better and longer.
Why is beauty routine important for your skin?
- It slows down the signs of ageing – It doesn’t matter what age you are, we all want to have flawless & youthful skin that makes us look younger. Your skincare routine is key here, as regular exfoliation and moisturisation helps get rid of old and dead cells that make your skin look dull. These are replaced by new cells which make your skin look youthful.
- It boosts confidence – Your face is the first part of your body that people look at and having lovely skin makes you feel good about yourself. Great skin can make a big difference in your appearance!
- It helps your skin look flawless – Whether you’re worried about spots or wrinkles, or perhaps even both, establishing a beauty skincare routine will help you take control of your skin and help you on your journey to flawless skin.
- Regular care of your skin reduces the risk of any future skin problems – Many of us wait until a skin problem happens before we start a beauty therapy treatment to fix it. However, once you have something like acne, dry skin, or wrinkles, it can be very difficult to correct these problems. Invest in a good skincare routine that will help stop any skin issues.
What are some good skin care methods?
The following components can create a good, effective skin care routine:
- Cleanser: Wash your face gently with a product designed for your face. If you have dry skin, you’ll want to choose a cleanser that doesn’t have alcohol, and if you have oily skin, look for an oil-free cleanser. Afterward, rinse with warm water.
- Toner: Toner is used after washing your face, and it helps smooth and calm skin while restoring nutrients.
- Moisturiser: Moisturisers should be used every time you wash your face, even if you have oily skin. If you have this type of skin, choose an oil-free or gel-based product.
- Sunscreen: Even if your moisturiser has a sunscreen, it can still help to use a separate sunscreen every day, even if it’s cloudy. Choose one that provides broad-spectrum protection and has an SPF of at least 30.
- Exfoliator: Exfoliators are optional and can be used after a cleanser but before a moisturiser. They should only be used a maximum of once or twice a week.
- Serum: A serum can help address specific issues, such as redness.
Following a ‘Beauty Routine’ can be a lot easier than you think. You may follow these easy steps:
- Wash your face 2-3 times a day.
- Apply toner after cleansing your face.
- Apply serum to protect your skin from free radicals that one encounters throughout the day.
- Moisturise your skin to keep it hydrated.
- Apply sunscreen and safeguard your skin against UV rays and their harmful effects.
To notice a healthy difference, specialists recommend using a product for at least six weeks, once or twice every day.
In addition to that, sticking to some Do’s & Don’ts shall help you enrich your beauty routine:
- Use sunscreen, wide-brimmed hats and clothing that protects your skin from getting tanned
- Stay healthy and try to exercise regularly
- Wash your face regularly to get rid of dirt and oil
- Moisturise your skin to keep it soft and healthy.
- Don’t pop pimples. It’s a temporary fix, but not good for your skin.
- Don’t smoke, as carbon monoxide dries out the skin and even discolours it.
- Do try to relax and remain stress-free.
- Don’t use too much make-up as it may lead to clogged pores and have side effects from its chemicals.